|Hologic Product Detail|
Model: Delphi C
DELPHI QDR SERIES
Advancing the Hologic Legacy in Clinical Bone Densitometry
The revolutionary Delphi—the latest addition to the Hologic QDR Series — raises the standard in the practice of clinical bone densitometry by integrating bone mineral density (BMD) measurement with Instant Vertebral Assessment (IVA). IVA enables physicians to visually assess vertebral status at the point of care for a more accurate determination of fracture risk than just BMD alone.
Awareness of a vertebral fracture justifies more aggressive treatment — even in patients with normal BMD—and enhances patient awareness about the consequences of osteoporosis. Delphi marks a fundamental change in the evaluation of bone health by providing a practical, reliable approach to comprehensive fracture risk assessment.
Utilizing true, fan-beam x-ray imaging geometry as its technological foundation, Delphi features:
Like all Hologic fan-beam systems, Delphi delivers fast, high-resolution images with unsurpassed precision and low patient dose. Plus, a
value-added package of clinical and support software, and complete data compatibility with previous generation QDR instruments.
- Superior BMD measurement—fast, high resolution, linear scanning provides accurate BMD results with superior precision
- Instant Vertebral Assessment—rapid, 10-second, single-energy imaging of the entire spine (L4-T4)
- Image Pro™ - advanced digital imaging processing sharpens your view of vertebral fractures
- e-Reporting—the most advanced remote interpretation and reporting software available, including speech recognition compatibility
Pediatric Spine and Femur
Rapid, 30-second scanning and enhancements to data analysis protocols make Delphi particularly well suited for pediatric studies. The analysis algorithms automatically detect and measure very low-density bone, making Delphi the instrument of choice for pediatric densitometry.
Perform In Vivo scans of rat whole body with BMD and body composition measurements, including lean and fat tissue mass, total mass and % fat determinations. Unique, small step phantom assures accuracy and repeatability of results. *Requires Delphi A model. Optional software.
Bone resorption around a hip prosthesis can eventually contribute to loosening of the implant device. Monitoring changes in the bone
surrounding the prosthesis provides clinicians with pertinent information regarding bone status and the viability of the implant.
The QDR Prosthetic Hip software option automatically identifies and removes the influence of a metal prosthesis to produce precise BMD measurements.
Infant Whole Body*
Provides bone mineral and body composition measurements for human infants ranging from 26 weeks gestational age to one year birth age, or approximately 1kg to 10 kg in weight. The measurement system uses the lowest x-ray tube current available and exposes the patient to a very low dose (less than 2mrem). *Requires Delphi A model. Optional software.
AP Spine and Proximal Femur
Delphi provides unmatched precision for lumbar spine and proximal femur studies with scanning times as rapid as 10 seconds. In default mode, spine and proximal femur precision is better than 1.0% (CV at BMD=1.0g/cm2).
Supine Lateral BMD*
Supine lateral spine BMD enables clinicians to obtain reliable, quantitative measurements of trabecular-rich vertebral bodies in the supine position. Supine lateral measurements have demonstrated superior precision (1%) over quantitative measurements in the
decubitus position. *Requires Delphi SL or A models
A 30-second forearm scan performed on Delphi produces simultaneous assessments of 1/3, mid-, and ultra-distal regions. Delphi can scan and analyze the radius and ulna either separately or combined.
Whole Body/BMD Analysis*
Delphi can evaluate BMD of the entire skeleton and report on up to 10 continuously adjustable regions of interest. Delphi can perform whole body scans in as little as 3.5 minutes. Typical precision for whole body scans is 0.75% (total region CV at BMD = 1.0 g/cm2).
Body Composition Analysis** software enables evaluation of fat mass, lean mass and total mass for the entire skeleton and for individual sub-regions. Both BMD and body composition can be derived from a single whole body scan.
*Requires Delphi W or A models
Scan comparison automatically replicates regions of analysis, minimizing operator involvement and performance time. The above example shows a current hip exam displayed simultaneously with a previous baseline study for comparison. This feature can be used in all Delphi scan modes.
Additional Delphi Features:
- QDR One-Page Report
Combine image, scan analysis, and reference curves in a concise, easy-to-read, visually impressive, single-page report. The Delphi patient report also contains pertinent patient information and space for diagnosis and comments. Choose from several preformatted templates.
- Standard Patient Report
The extensive online database of reference values included with Delphi simplifies interpretation of studies. It includes ethnic-matched
reference data and utilities that allow customization of user reference values to the local patient population. Hip reference data are based on NHANES in compliance with standardization criteria.
- Trend Report
QDR for Windows facilitates serial follow-up of patients. Trend Reports provide an easy method to compare visit-to-visit rates of change. Significant changes in bone mineral status are automatically and clearly noted on the report to facilitate clinical management.
- Complete system, including advanced, high-speed CPU, large monitor, and fast, color printer
- Anthropomorphic Spine Phantom, used for quality control, assures consistently accurate measurements without the need for waterbaths to perform system calibration.
- QDR’s patented Automatic Internal Reference System automatically maintains pixel-by-pixel calibration without operator involvement and assures long-term precision.
- Image Repositioning makes obtaining the perfect scan easy. Operators can adjust the image on screen without having to reposition the patient on the table.
- Scoliotic Spine Analysis tailors vertebral BMD assessment to the unique curvature of patients with scoliosis.
- Automatic Low-density Spine and Hip Improves bone detection in low-density AP spine and proximal femur images by decreasing operator manipulation of the bone map.
- Automatic Locate feature internally records and monitors the location of patient data saved to a storage media, eliminating the need to log patient data.
- Context Sensitive Help Menu provides an overview and virtual “walk through”of Delphi’s operation and capabilities.
- Practice Development Guide contains two CDs with ready-to-print marketing and patient education materials to build public awareness and help you take full advantage of Delphi’s practice-building potential.
- One Time Auto Analysis One Time Auto Analysis delivers expertly analyzed hip and AP spine scans in seconds. Because Delphi automatically and reliably identifies the region of interest, the need for operator intervention is virtually eliminated.
- Dual Hip Significant differences in right and left hip BMD can result in a misleading assessment of fracture risk, especially if only one hip is measured. Dual Hip automatically moves the table and C-arm into position for a “mirror” image and measurement of the opposite hip. Identification of the lowest BMD site improves clinical assessment.
- Quality Control All QDR systems include a program that provides highly automated quality control records. Daily QC scans, which are required prior to patient scanning, are performed on an anthropomorphic spine phantom provided with each system and are maintained in a separate quality control database.
- Pediatric Reference Data QDR software now incorporates whole body, hip and AP spine reference data for children aged 4-20.