|HeartSine AED Product Detail|
Model: Samaritan PAD
The Samaritan PAD Public Access Defibrillator (or Automatic External Defibrillator) is an easy-to-use medical device especially designed for public access use, to administer lifesaving treatment for Sudden Cardiac Arrest. No complex displays or controls. A flashing green STATUS light indicates system is operational.
The samaritan PAD prompts you visually and audibly with clear, calm instructions - starting with "Adult Patient" if equipped for adult Pad-Pak™, and "Child Patient" if equipped with pediatric-pak. Other prompts instruct users throughout the rescue process, while reminding users to "call for medical assistance." The system then guides the user through pad application to shock delivery if required.
Electrode pads are contained in an innovative Pad-Pak™ or Pediatric-Pak™ which are accessible by pulling the green tab. Pads are accessible with the unit in the storage case (supplied with each unit). The Adult (Gray) Pad-Pak™ is for patients >8 years & 55 lbs. The Pediatric-Pak™ (Pink) is for patients 1-8 years & <55 lbs. Either cartridge can be used with the new samaritan PAD (Model 300P). When electrode pads are applied, the system automatically assesses the patient to determine if a shock is required. If not, the unit will prompt the rescuer to begin CPR. Verbal and visual prompts guide the rescuer when to touch and when not to touch the patient. If it is determined that a shock is required, the Shock Button illuminates. A CPR tone and flashing icon coach the rescuer in delivering chest compressions according to AHA or ERC 2005 guidelines- 100 compressions per minute - for 2 minute intervals.
- Lightweight (2.4 lb./1.1 kg. with battery)
- Pad-Pak™ or Pediatric-Pak™ cartridge is easy to install, contains batteries AND pads, and has only 1 expiry date
- Controls & pads are accessible even with your samaritan® PAD still in the case
- Easy to use. The system incorporates very clear verbal and visual instructions
- 3 large, easy to see icons illuminate- "Attach pads", "Do not touch the patient," and "It is safe to touch the patient" to facilitate the rescue process
- Integrated Metronome prompts coack CPR chest compression rate
- Events are recorded, with the time, date, ECG trace & duration, shock delivery information and CPR intervals. Downloadable to PC with optional SAVER® EVO software.
- Sophisticated SCOPE™ Biphasic waveform technology adjusts patient impedance to maximize effective shock delivery.
- 7 year warranty clearly demonstrates the reliability of this quality unit
- IP56 certification provides impressive protection against solids (>1.0mm in diameter) and liquids (jetting water from any direction).
- samaritan TRAINER incorporates 8 training scenarios. A "PAUSE" button allows unlimited time for explanations and enhanced training without interference. Units are rechargeable, volume adjustable, and can be programmed in 5 languages.
- Full range of accessories available, including wall mounts, cabinets and wall signs, to complement your AED implementation program