|Lifepak Product Detail|
The Lifepak 500 automated external defibrillator is designed to be used by first responders to cardiac emergencies. This affordable, rugged device is extremely portable at only seven pounds (3.2kg). Low maintenance requirements and intuitive operation make it the ideal product for infrequent AED users.
The 500 offers ADAPTIV biphasic technology with the capability to deliver shocks at energy levels which meet current AHA and international guidelines. Our new cprMAX technology allows resucitation protocols that increase the amount of CPR administered consistent with AHA and ERC protocols. Both mono-phasic and biphasic devices utilize the same field-proven Shock Advisory System used in thousands
of LIFEPAK AEDs since 1986.
Features include pre-connected QUIK-COMBO electrodes that save valuable time on-scene and are compatible with other LIFEPAK defibrillators; clear, concise voice prompting for defibrillation and CPR; LCD for text messages, shock count, CPR time, and real-time clock. Choice of simple 2- or 3-button operation allows the 500 to meet the needs of responders with a variety of training and experience levels. Automatic self-testing saves time and improves testing consistency. Always visible readiness display provides SERVICE REQUIRED or LOW BATTERY alert. Battery options include a rechargeable sealed lead-acid battery and a high capacity extended shelf-life lithium battery that requires no recharging and no maintenance.
ECG data and on-scene audio (optional) are stored digitally within the device for maximum durability and simplicity. Incident data can be conveniently transmitted from the 500 to medical control via modem. User-friendly PC-based software allows complete, efficient review of both ECG and audio data.
- Input: ECG via QUIK-COMBO or FAST-PATCH disposable electrodes. Standard placement (anterior-lateral).
- Electrical Protection: Input protected against high voltage defibrillator pulses per IEC 60601/EN 60601.
- Safety Classification: Internally powered equipment IEC 60601-1/EN 60601-1, 5.1.
- Charge Time:
With a new, nonrechargeable battery pak, or a new, fully charged rechargeable battery pak:
- 200 joules in less than 9 seconds
- 360 joules in less than 15 seconds
- ON/OFF: Turns device power on or off.
- ANALYZE (optional): Starts ECG analysis.
- Delivers defibrillation energy.
- Active only when Shock
- Advisory System advises defibrillation.
- Clock Set: Two switches and are provided to set the clock.
- Display: Two-line, 20-character per line dot matrix Liquid Crystal Display
- Low Battery Indicator: At least 11 discharges remaining with nonrechargeable battery pak. At least 6 discharges remaining with rechargeable battery pak.
- Service Indicator: Service icon.
- Displayed Messages: Messages prompt user through complete operating sequence.
- Audible Tones: Coded tones assist user through device operation and alert operator of display messages.
- Voice Prompts: Prompt user through complete operation sequence.
- Event Documentation
- Type: Internal digital memory.
- Memory Capacity: 20 minutes audio recording (optional). ECG and event log of operator/device actions: At least 20 minutes if unit is configured with audio recording and audio recording setup option is ON. At least 80 minutes if configured with audio recording and audio recording setup option is OFF. At least 60 minutes if not configured with audio recording.
- Report Types: CODE SUMMARY report, Event Log report, Test Log report.
- Capacity: 300 Event Log events. 30 Test Log device tests (assuming no fault codes).
- Communications: Options: Direct connection to personal computer. Modem connection to personal computer using Hayes AT-Compatible modem.
- Data Review: LIFENET system compatible. Options: LIFENET DT Express 2.1 data transfer software. CODE-STAT Suite 5.0 and CODE-STAT 6.1 data review software.
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 50°C (+32° to +122° F).
- Storage Temperature: -30° to +65°C (-22° to +149°F) without battery and electrodes. -30° to +65°C (-22° to +149°F) with battery and electrodes, maximum exposure time limited to one week.
- Atmospheric Pressure: 760 to 429mmHg (0 to +15,000 ft above sea level).
- Relative Humidity: 10 to 95% (non-condensing).
- Water Resistance: IEC 60529/EN 60529 IPX4 “Splash-proof” with electrodes or connector cover installed.
- Shock: MIL-STD-810E, Method 516.4, Procedure 1 (40g, 6–9ms pulse, 1/2 sine each axis).
- Vibration: Monophasic version: MIL-STD-810E, Method 514.4, Category 10.
- Biphasic version: MIL-STD-810E, Method 514.4, Helicopter—Category 6 (3.75 Grms) and Ground Mobile—Category 8 (3.15 Grms). RTCA D0 160C, Table 8–2 Fixed Wing—Turbojet Engine Classification C’ (Fuselage). Test level per Figure 8–5 C’. One hour in each of three axes.
- Aircraft: Tested to RTCA/DO-160C, “Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment.” (Details available upon request.)
- Rechargeable SLA Battery Pak
- Type: Sealed lead-acid, 8V, 2.5 amp hours.
- Capacity: Typical: 59 full discharges or 3 hours of “ON” time with a new, fully charged battery. Minimum: 43 full discharges with a new, fully charged battery.
- Battery Charge Time: 10 ± 1 hours. Battery charging limited to +15° to +35° C (+59° to +95° F).
- Recommended Replacement Interval: 2 years or 200 battery charge/discharge cycles, whichever comes first using recommended battery maintenance procedures.
- Weight: 0.9kg (1.9 lb).
- Nonrechargeable Lithium Battery Pak
- Type: Sealed lithium, 12V, 7.5 amp-hours
- Certification: Aircraft versions available. FAA: TSO-C97 or CAA: BS2G237.
- Capacity: Typical: 312 full discharges or 14 hours of “ON” time. Minimum: 230 full discharges with a new battery.
- Shelf Life: 5 years (4 years for aircraft use.)
- Weight: 0.5kg (1.2 lb).
- Height: 10.2cm (4.0 in).
- Width: 26.7cm (10.5 in).
- Depth: 29.5cm (11.6 in) including handle.
- Weight: Monophasic version: 6.2 lbs (without battery or electrodes). Biphasic version: 5.3 lbs (without battery or electrodes).